The interview is the most crucial step in the hiring process. It lends depth and personality to the resume. Expect difficult questions. Your response to different situations is being tested. Always be yourself and be prepared to provide thoughtful answers about your career decisions. An interview is a time to determine whether or not this employer will meet your professional needs, just as the employer is attempting to make a similar judgment about you.
The "interview" involves your preparation for the interview, the actual interview, and the follow-up with a thank you letter. Ensure you know about the employer and the position you are interviewing for.
- Be prepared.
- Talk about your strengths.
- Show enthusiasm for the job and the employer.
- Make an excellent first impression.
- Develop a rapport with the interviewer.
- Have questions to ask the interviewer if the opportunity arises.
Review the information below to learn about each step of the interview process, including some sample questions you can expect.